This will be a quick post. If anyone is like me and using the 4.1 version of the core DotNetNuke blog module than you’ve probably noticed that the “Written by:” is blank when viewing an individual blog entry.
I did a little debugging and found the problem in the ViewEntry.ascx.vb on Line 119
If m_oBlog.ShowFullName Then lblUserID.Text = m_oBlog.UserFullName Else lblUserID.Text = m_oBlog.UserName End If
This needs to be changed to:
If m_oBlog.ShowFullName Then lblUserID.Text = m_oEntry.UserFullName Else lblUserID.Text = m_oEntry.UserName End If
I’ve provided the details and a link to a fixed version of the DLL on codeplex
But if you you don’t want to do that. You can use a little jQuery magic like I originally did to fix the problem until an official update is released.
[Update: 7/12/2011] Original DLL posted to Codplex required DNN version 5.6.2. I’ve updated codeplex with a newer DLL that only requires DNN 4.7.0 or later. You can also download that DLL here from my blog